Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2009

How To Rest

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Psalm 37:7

How easy is it to rest in the Lord? There are so many things taking up our time and thoughts. Earlier this week I filed my taxes. All week I had to worry about things at work. We're about to go on a family vacation with the kids next week, and have been scrambling to finalize the arrangements and get things packed. There are bills, making sure the kids do their homework, getting the yard mowed, and many other things that cause us stress and anxiety. So with all of that, how in the world do we do what the Bible says?

Honestly, I can't really tell you the answer. I struggle with this all of the time (just ask my wife). But as I get ready to a rest from work and daily worries, I started thinking about resting in God. As great as this family vacation will be, it isn't going to refresh me spiritually. True rest and true comfort come only through God. We should all do better about resting in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment