Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2009

What I Do

Because of my involvement with Fans For Christ, I am blessed with great opportunities. One of our missions is to share the Gospel among fans at cons, and I have had the chance to do this several times. God must be working through us, as we are increasingly invited to conventions. I definitely give the credit for that to God. He has given me certain gifts, and then allowed me to be a vessel for Him. This is all about Him, and not me.

This weekend my wife and I are going to the Dicehead Siege in Chattanooga, TN. This is a gaming convention, where people can play card games, miniatures games, and role-playing games. As an avid RPGer myself, this is a cool thing to be doing it. The fact that we are getting to do it and represent Christ makes it even better.

One of the amazing things about my life is how God has used my interests and hobbies. As I have tried to be closer to Him, He has taken these pastimes and used them in very unique ways to spread Christ's love. That's really one of the great things about Him. He loves us so much that He wants us to enjoy our lives. When we follow God, it doesn't mean that we have to give up everything we love and all fun. In fact, God will find a way to use our natures and strengths to better serve Him, as long as we remain open and let Him.

This weekend I get to two of the things I love most in life...game and serve God. Pray for His will to be done and Christ to be known.

No comments:

Post a Comment