Translate

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How Do I Act Kind To God?

Day 2 of the Love Dare challenge....

Today in addition to not saying anything negative I was supposed to do at least one kind act.  How do we do that towards God?  It was especially hard for me since my family spent most of the day driving across several states to visit my father for a vacation.  I tried to think of ways that I could be kind to God or His causes...help someone who seemed to need help, give a kind word to someone in need of support, help an injured wild animal, etc.  Nothing seemed to present itself.  Now the day's not completely over as I write this, but I think that I'm nearing the end of my opportunities as the rest of the evening is going to spent with my wife, children, and father.  How can I do an act of kindness to Him in that setting?

Maybe I can respect my wife more since He gave her to me.  Similarly with my children, since they are gifts from God, I can be a little more lenient towards their typical rowdiness.  Since God instructs us to honor and respect our parents, I can give my father a little more leeway.  In each of these instances I am following God's commands and wishes.  Since I can't interact with Him in person, I have to do so through intermediaries, such as His creation.

I know that God forgives any of my failings in this endeavor and knows the intent of my heart.  I pray that He will help me in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment